February 22, 2013

Separated at birth?


A year ago around this time,
I explored the possibility that my dad wasn’t actually my dad. Oh, if only wishing made it so. Just look at this guy.


Despite every effort, I came to the unfortunate conclusion that I was, in fact, related to the man, and I’m slowly coming to terms with it. But in my day-to-day activities, I still can’t help encountering other people who are suspiciously similar to me in appearance. Since I’ve established that my dad is my dad (and I know from harrowing experience that my mom is my mom), that leaves only one other theory: I have another sibling, and we were separated at birth.

So, just like last year, I conducted an extremely scientific Google Image search to find out, once and for all, if I have any long-lost siblings floating around in the world. After weeks (OK, minutes) of painstaking research, I’ve narrowed the list of possibilities to 10. I recommend clicking the photos for bigger versions, so you can really see the similarities.

Conan O'Brien

Any one of the Three Amigos

A gorilla

Elliott from E.T.

R5-D4 from Star Wars

Gerald Ford

World's Strongest Man competitor

Those weird-looking people from that weird Twilight Zone episode

Patrick Bateman

Donald Sutherland from Animal House

What do you think? Any of those candidates jump out at you? Yeah, me neither, but I guess it never hurts to exhaust all possibilities. But if I ever start getting really into Huey Lewis and the News, be sure to keep your distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment