June 25, 2012

Ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille


Yesterday morning, I had my first brush with the world of glamour, as Mom and Dad took me to Meridian Park in Seattle for my first professional photo shoot.

The photographer was Jessica, a friend of Mom’s family whose company, One Tree Photography, specializes in Seattle-area baby and family photography. Jessica and my Auntie Sarah have been friends since kindergarten, and Jessica took some fantastic photos of my cousins Jackson and Brooklyn a couple of years ago.

The photo session was a gift from Mom’s family from way back before I even was born, and it was originally meant to be a newborn session. But seeing as I looked like this when I was born…


…Mom and Dad smartly elected to wait until I’d grown into my face a bit more. Turns out, eight months is the perfect age. I'm old enough that my face is now more human-like, but still young enough that I can't say no to any of the different poses they put me in.

We had a lot of fun, although Mom, Dad and Jessica had to use every trick in the book to get me to look at the camera for more than two seconds at a time. Turns out, all it takes for a baby to get enamored by grass and dirt is to stick an expensive camera in her face. [Editor’s note: Having seen Jessica's previous work, and then seeing the way she worked with Eliza, we can’t recommend her highly enough. If you’re in the market for newborn/baby/family photos, visit her website and drop her a line.]

We shot for about an hour and a half and managed to take enough photos to fill up Jessica’s memory card. Here’s one example:


You’d be surprised to learn just how exhausting it is for a baby to sit for an extended period. But it is, and that’s why I crashed almost immediately after we got back in the car to go home.


Once we get a look at more of Jessica’s photos, I’ll be sure to share some of them here. And of course I’ll let you know if any other modeling opportunities come along.

June 28 update: As promised, here are a few more samples from Sunday's session. If you'd like to see them larger, visit this One Tree Photography page!


No comments:

Post a Comment