February 9, 2012

Gettin' grabby

"Look, Ma! Two hands!"

I'm getting to the age (three-plus months) where I'm supposed to be learning to use my hands to grab things. I’ve been doing pretty well with it in recent weeks – I’ll snatch a rattle and give it a shake, and I’ve gotten pretty adept at pulling my pacifier out of my mouth. Of course, getting it back in is another matter entirely. I've found it's easier just to cry until Mom or Dad puts it back in for me, which I'm sure they love.

Regardless, these developments have all been prelude to the breakthrough from yesterday afternoon, when Dad was feeding me a bottle. I didn't like the angle he was using, so I took the liberty of grabbing the bottle and feeding myself. Eliminate the middle man, if you will. As you can see from the photo above, I’m already a pro. [Editor’s note: Approximately 3 nanoseconds after this photo was taken, the bottle slipped out of her hand, and Dad had to keep feeding her the old-fashioned way. We don’t need her getting too big for her britches just yet.]

Also, judging by the photo below, it seems like I can get a little surly when I’m drinking.

"What're YOU lookin' at?"



No comments:

Post a Comment