November 11, 2013

Tale of the tape: 2 months / 2 years


Good things seem to be happening in twos lately. My baby sister Annabelle turns two months old today, just a few weeks after I myself turned two years old. And last week, we were able to go to the doctor as a twosome for our respective checkups.

And let me tell you, there are few things more adorable than two tiny sisters laying on an exam bed next to each other in just their diapers, waiting for the nurse to measure them. The sheer cuteness of that situation would’ve broken any cameras that dared try to capture it, so Mom and Dad wisely chose not to snap any photos. Or they just forgot. Either way.


But as usual, I thoroughly enjoyed the view of downtown from the Polyclinic windows. Not so much the tall buildings, but the large trucks and buses making their way up and down the road.

Anyway, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. Here’s how the two of us measured up:

Annabelle


















Birth weight: 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
2-month weight: 9 pounds, 9 ounces (17th percentile).

Birth length: 21 inches.
2-month length: 21.5 inches (21st percentile).

Birth head circumference: Not available.
2-month head circumference: 38.9 centimeters (78th percentile).

Yes, that’s right. My baby sister is extremely short, extremely skinny, but with an extremely large head. She’s the human embodiment of the female symbol. Or a lollipop.


Eliza


















Birth weight: 7 pounds, 7.6 ounces.
6-month weight: 17 pounds, 6 ounces.
1-year weight: 22 pounds, 8 ounces.
18-month weight: 25 pounds, 3.2 ounces.
2-year weight: 27 pounds, 13 ounces (64th percentile).
  
Birth length: 20.25 inches.
6-month height: 26.5 inches.
1-year height: 29.5 inches.
18-month height: 32.25 inches.
2-year height: 35.25 inches (83rd percentile).
  
Birth head circumference: Not available.
6-month head circumference: 43.5 centimeters.
1-year head circumference: 46.4 centimeters.
18-month head circumference: 47.9 centimeters.
2-year head circumference: 48.9 centimeters (84th percentile).

In case you didn’t notice, I’d like to point out that my sister and I are both on the high end of the spectrum for head circumference. So in the spirit of the theme of twos, I'd like to apologize profusely to my mother on both my behalf and my sister's.

No comments:

Post a Comment