November 29, 2012

The Walking Redhead


Yes, the rumors are true. I’ve taken the next step (literally and figuratively) on the evolutionary chart. A few weeks ago, I started walking for the first time, and I’m now pretty darn close to perfecting it.

Here’s a quick behind-the-scenes look at my development from quadruped into full-fledged biped.

It started, or course, with me learning to crawl, when I suddenly realized how much more fun life is when you can go anywhere and get your hands into everything:


Next thing you know, I was learning to stand by propping myself up against a wall, chair or other surface:


From there, it progressed with me being able to take baby steps (ah, so that’s where that phrase comes from), as long as somebody was holding me upright:


In early November, I started taking my first steps, although it was never more than a couple at a time, and it usually ended with me falling face-first into something painful.

But now? Well, see for yourself:


If the only thing missing in your life is video of a 13-month-old girl stumbling around like a drunken zombie with no pants on, using a toilet paper roll as a megaphone, then falling and taking a bite out of said toilet paper roll, then, well, you’re welcome.

Based on the final few steps in that video, it’s obvious that I haven’t quite mastered it, but I’m well on my way.

So that’s it, right? I’ve rolled over, I’ve moved to solid foods, I’ve crawled, I’ve transitioned completely from formula to milk, and God knows what other developmental check-offs there are. And now I’m walking upright. There’s nothing left for me to accomplish, right? What’s that? Now I have to start talking? Cripes, you people are so demanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment